Thursday, January 8, 2009

Van Thomas Willardson

This is what I looked like after giving birth WITHOUT DRUGS! Not a good look for me!
Mia meets her brother for the first time
Can you believe I have THREE KIDS!?!?!
My mom missed baby Van being born:( Someone just had to stop and get a diet coke, didn't they?!?
Once all the pain was gone, I finally got to meet my little man!

Van Thomas Willardson. Born 1-5-09 @ 9:24pm 7lbs 3oz 19 3/4 inches long



So Van finally arrived! I had just finished bathing my kids and getting them ready for bed. Roy wasn't home yet so the kids and I decided to be 'cozy' on the couch and watch a video before bedtime. That's when I started having these weird pains that kept coming and going every 2-4 minutes. I couldn't believe it could actually be labor since I had felt fine up until that point?! So Roy gets home and I very calmly tell him that I 'think' I 'might' be having contractions?! But I wanted to wait to see if they got worse or would just go away....Well, I think you all can guess what happened next....The contractions got worse, FAST! We seriously made a mad dash for the door, dropped my kids of at my sisters, and made it to the hospital where Van was born 20 minutes later! It was the most pain I have ever felt in my entire LIFE and don't wish that upon my worst enemy! But don't I have the cutest baby to show for it?! LOL! Welcome to the world my sweet baby!

11 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is beautiful! HOLY COW KELLY! I can't believe you did it without drugs and in 20 minutes. That is so crazy. I'm glad yo are feeling better. And, yes you have a beautiful baby boy to show for it. We are so excited for you. Willardson Party of 5! Wow, saying that reminded me of our days in high school when we watched Party of 5 and used to drool over Scott Wolf. Anyway, Van is super cute and we can't wait to meet him. CONGRATS!

Alysha said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you and your family. Van is absolutely adorable (let's admit that can be a rarity for newborns!) and I cannot wait to meet him. Can i bring dinner one of these days? I will give you a call.
So glad I found your blog-doing a little blog stalking! I have gone private but will add you this very minute. Check us out at www.tuckerandalysha.blogspot.com

Ali Richardson said...

Yay!! He truly is super adorable!!! Love you and can't wait to squeeze him some more (don't worry, I won't squeeze him too hard).
xoxoxo - Ali

CaliforniaOhioan said...

Congrats Kelly, Roy, Max, & Mia. He is a cutie...You will now see that having three is a breeze!

Chad Beuck & Family

Apryl said...

wow you are a real woman-giving birth without drugs! whoo hoo! he is gorgeous & we are very happy for you!

Julie and Kyle said...

kelly- he is GORGEOUS! congrats. i LOVE the picture of mia and the way you are looking at her. great moment! and of course... i love that your mom was late cause she needed a diet coke. but can you blame her??? NO ONE has babies that fast!!!! congrats again. miss you!

Campbell Family said...

He is SO adorable you guys! He sure was ready to come right then huh! I know that exact pain girl...you can't even really describe it or give it justice...it's INSANE! I went through that with our last one and Liz just did it with her baby. Thank goodness it went so quickly and look what you guys have now:) Congratulations! You are officially Super Woman!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, congratulations! Giving birth sans drugs is pretty incredible, huh? Definitely the most pain I have ever felt in my life, too, but I am so glad I did it.

Congrats! We are so happy for you.

Rhandi said...

I have to agree with Alysha, and it's true, I met Van on Thursday and he is BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT! I am so happy for you Kell (and slightly jealous, now I am the lone ranger). Can't wait to see you two again.

The Ahumadas said...

He is super cute. Congratulations you guys!

The Staffieri Family said...

WHAT!!! 20 minutes. Are you kidding me? I cannot believe that. Go Kelly! I can't wait to meet this little guy. Good luck with everything. He is darling!